FREE Curbside meal pickup now available from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. only at Columbia County high schools.
The Columbia County School District is providing free meals to all children for the remainder of the full school year, through June 2021. All children 0-18 years old are eligible to receive free meals during this time, regardless of their meal status. This applies to meals served to students when they are attending school in person and when they are participating in the Learn from Home option.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture extended flexibility for school districts to continue offering meal service to children under the Seamless Summer Option. Accordingly, the Columbia County School District now provides free meals to all students through June 2021.
All money spent on meals at school since September 1, 2020, will be credited back to the students’ online accounts for later use. A la carte menu items will continue to be available for sale where offered. Students may access free meals as follows:
Traditional In-Person Learning
- Students will go through the breakfast and lunch line as usual and have their student numbers scanned to allow Nutrition Services to track the meals served.
- Pick-3-Free is now available for students who bring their lunch from home. Students can add a veggie, fruit and a milk to their lunch at no charge! A la carte items are for purchase where available. Check with your school cafeteria to learn more.
Learn from Home Model
Students who have opted for the Learn from Home model are allowed to participate in curbside meal pick-up free of charge at high school locations only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Parents of children at multiple schools may choose one high school location for meal pick-up for all children.
- Children are not required to be present at the time of curbside pick-up.
- Individuals should remain in their cars when picking up meals.
Find complete food menus each month on our nutrition website: HERE.